What is Kinesio Taping?
- The Kinesio Taping Method is a rehabilitative taping technique designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process, while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without
restricting your range of motion.
What is the tape made of? Is there special medication or magnets inside?
- The tape is made of gentle cotton fibers that stretch and moves with you, unlike many traditional rigid athletic taping techniques. The Kinesio Tape is also latex-free and can be worn for up
to several days at a time (it will even last through swimming and showering with good care!).
- The tape does NOT contain any medication or magnets! The tape’s effectiveness comes from the taping techniques coupled with its unique design.
What can it be used to treat?
- Kinesio Tape is frequently used to treat a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, and other medical conditions. Because of its ability to microscopically lift the skin, it is especially
useful with treating inflammation, bruising (especially after a surgery!), and for those with lymphedema problems.
- Its elastic qualities also can be used to mechanically correct and support joints without limiting your range of motion. Such conditions include, but are not limited to: neck, back and
shoulder pain, arm pain (tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, golfer's elbow), headache to include migraines and tension-type headaches, jaw pain, leg pain (sciatica, hamstrings strains, calf
tightness/spasms) patella tendonitis, and shin splits, just to name a few!
Who’s using it?
- Kerri Walsh, US Olympic Volleyball Gold Medalist
Derick Rose, professional basket ball player and former MVP for the Chicago bulls
- David Beckham, professional soccer player for the LA Galaxy
- Green Bay Packers, 2010 NFL Super Bowl Champions
- Serena Williams, professional tennis player and winner of 27 Grand Slam Titles
How can I learn more? Will it help me?
- Please give us a call at (808)373-3555 to schedule an appointment or to speak to one of our practitioners to learn more about this unique
- Your Kinesio Taping appointment includes a short orthopedic assessment, the taping, and education about the technique.